Business Card

Business Card

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A piecer trying to applique is quit comical.

I am a piecer, and have recently wanted to try applique.  It was quite interesting trying to get the stitches to look neat.  I am using raw edge applique, because I don't have the time to turn the edges under.  I am using freezer paper to cut out my pieces.  I don't know if it is better to use a machine or a hand needle.  A friend told me to use the zigzag stitch or the button hole stitch.  So far the button hole stitch is working out good.  The rest is a mess, so I might have a new project for myself.  I didn't learn to piece over night, and I have to remember it is going to be the same with applique, so I am going to have to be patient.

Any suggesstions would be greatly welcomed!!!




No comments: