Business Card

Business Card

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby Easter Quilt.. and a color theory lesson..


 I finished designing the Baby Easter Quilt on Easter Sunday, and finished Appliqueing the pieces down.
I finished piecing, and machine quilting, and attached the binding today.
 I know I should have ironed it before taking the picture, I was just so excited for it to be finished.
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did..  This is the meaning behind this quilt.

Red is the color associated with the blood that Jesus Christ had shed for mankind.  Symbol for love and sacrifice for goodness of humanity.

Orange represents hope and is associated with the dawn of a new day.

Yellow is the color that is related to the brightness of the sun and brings joy and happiness.

Green is the color of the grass and and brings ray of hope.

Purple is indicative of Royalty, and it is believed that Purple brings wealth.

White for Easter brings Purity and Grace.

Black is believed to be on the evil side..

Happy Easter.. hoping everyone had a very good day!  (post is late)

Renee

2 comments:

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

I think I am going to have to go back and quilt the colored squares.. really didn't want to have to do that.. but if it won't lie flat, I will have to. I won't know until after I wash, and dry, and iron it.
Renee

country mouse said...

Very cute, and I love the symbolism of the colors...very cool. I hope all works out at getting it to lay flat. I know I've had a few quilts I thought were done only to realize I had "puffy" spots that I ended up going back and quilting down. Not exactly in the plan, but worth the effort. Hope you had a wonderful Easter, and have a great week!!