Business Card

Business Card

Friday, April 2, 2010

I finally broke down..

I was going through my fabric, and I realized I didn't have any solid colors.  I hate where I had to go.. all that is around me for now.. so I needed machine needles, and decided to go and get some.  I bought higher end needles that were in the department that is separate from the store.  They were actually priced reasonable.. 10 pk, for under $5.00.  I hate spending money on anything.. I hate shopping.  I wasn't planning on it, but something told me to look at the fabric.  I went to the solid section, and everything was 30 to 40 % off.. prices are high.. over priced to begin with.. so now it just means it is some what affordable.  I just got half yards of 16 different fabrics.. expecting a high bill when I got to the register.. total came to $20.00.  Not too bad.. I guess.  I just got done washing the fabric, and hopefully it will be dried by tomorrow.. no dryer.. I hate it.  No point in buying a new one for 3 months, just have to tough it out I guess.  I guess you want to see what I got??!!!
Here is a picture....
Sure you probably know this but when you wash your fabric, don't use the agitate cycle.. and the fabric won't fray.  I learned that the hard way when I first started.  Fill up with water, let soak, then spin rinse.. might have to soak in plain water to get the soap out.. trick is just watch it, and don't let it get to agitate cycle.  Wish somebody would have told me that trick.

2 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Pretty colors. I usually zig zag the edges before I wash the fabric and I loose litttle to washing. Some say use a washing bag like for your undies. Chris

Joanne said...

Great fabric, great price!!