Business Card

Business Card

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Baby.. 1988 Bmw 325 IE

I have been searching for this car for 8 years when I finally found it.  In New York of all places.. no rust from the extreme cold temperatures.. body immaculate.  The top needs to be replaced, and the interior on the seats.  This is the perfect restoration project for us.  This one is almost identical to the one I used to own, which was a 1984 BMW 318 and wasn't a convertible.  The color is the same and the body style is the same.  I wanted the same body style, manual transmission, in a convertible.  I am not crazy about the color and this is the second one with the same color that I have owned.  The color is rare, so that was another pure sign this was meant to be my car.  This belonged to a couple, and the wife wanted room for her new BMW so they sold the car.  I do not want a new one.  I love the metal bumper and the way that it handles.  I love shifting the gears, and feeling the wind in my hair.  I will be so glad when I can finally drive it again.  It has only seen Ohio roads a few times the first year I got it, and then it became a decoration in the garage.  Hopefully it will be fixed up soon  so I can attend the car shows that I so desperately love.  I love Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Antique Cars, and Historical Cars. I found this car on Ebay when I was searching for parts for another restoration we were planning.  I saw it, my heart dropped, and I said what the hell, I will bid.. Oh my gosh, I actually won it for $1,000.  The reason being the car was listed in the wrong section, and no one knew what a gem it was.  Definitely worth the drive to New York.  We pulled it with the Jeep Liberty which was the most amazing part..  For that price, I didn't care if the whole engine needed to be rebuilt, as long as the body was sound, anything can be rebuilt.  I did not want a welded car, and you won't find any bondo on it either.
Renee

No comments: