Business Card

Business Card

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why didn't I think of this sooner!

I knew there was a reason why I did counted cross stitch in my life.
  I was thread painting, and noticed that the fabric was bunching really bad even with the stabilizer.  I was studying my brother embroidering machine, and decided to try the hoops I had for counted cross stitch.  Cheap plastic ones that I got at Walmart along time ago.  It works wonderfully.  I can move the fabric so easily, and it pulls the fabric tight.  Whether or not it puckers, I won't know that until I take it off the hook.  This would be great for free motion quilting as well.  A lot easier to move.  Of course it wouldn't work for a large quilt, just a small wall hanging, or project.

Just thought I would pass this on.  Does anyone else do this?

Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that Libby Lehman paints the fabric with a stabilizer. I forgot what it was called but you can make it with 1 yd of aqua solve and one cup of water. Paint the fabric and allow it to dry. It will be like a piece of cardboard to sew and when it is washed it will not pucker.

P. Salzman