Business Card

Business Card

Friday, October 8, 2010

Week was not much better.

I was reading the weekend post, and the comments left.  Thank You so much for your help, and concern, words of encouragement.  I am at a loss for words.  I have been sick all week, and still there.  Yesterday was the worst, couldn't even make it out of bed, so I bound 1 and 1/2 quilts.  I have been piecing the same quilt top all week.  Should have only taken a couple of days.  I have two more rows to complete, so I will post a picture later.  I did see the movie The American Quilter for the first time, and I really enjoyed it.  The thing that stuck with me was the line at the end of the movie..*not quoted word for word*..  You can't teach what colors and fabrics to put in a quilt, you have to feel it, and trust your instincts, and have the courage to complete it.  The words are jumbled but that is the meaning I received out of it.  Also the obvious that every quilt tells a story, and represents the one who made it because of the design, and the fabrics that they chose to put in the quilt.  Jim said that he can tell what kind of mood I am in by the quilt that I made.  Interesting.. I didn't see that, because I just work with my fabric stash which doesn't consist of that much to choose from. 

I hope you have a nice weekend! 

Renee

No comments: