Business Card

Business Card

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy 18th Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl

My only child is 18 today, and it makes me very sad.  She will be off to college next year.  The 18 years went by way to fast.  Hard to believe next year she will be the same age when I had her.  I brought her home on Saint Patricks Day, so that is also a day we celebrate.  Saint Patrick's Day is a really big deal in Savannah, and they even turn the fountain, and lakes green with some sort of coloring.  Our lakes were naturally green in Ohio, lol.  We have lots of Irish in us so this is really exciting to take part in all of the culture and celebrations that Savannah has to offer.  Not the same as being in Ireland, but it should be the next best thing. 
Renee

3 comments:

Quiltn Mama said...

He looks like a happy fellow! Tell your daughter happy birthday from Texas for me. Where've you been? Hope all is well.
-Stephanie

Barb said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, it is so hard to let them go....my heart goes out to you. Love your quilt!

Char said...

I hope she has a very happy birthday.
I know how you feel happy and sad at the same time. My daughter will be off to college also in September.