Business Card

Business Card

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Scrap Quilt progress picture

I finished the scrap quilt blocks and need to get them sewn together. My iron just died of course, so here is a picture of the unfinished results. Mine is small just the size of a quilt block. I started with 4 inch squares, trimmed the width to 3 inch and left the length at 4 inch squares because they were ragged. I then cut them in 1 inch strips. I grouped them by color and then sewed 6 1 inch strips of each different fabrics in that color group. I did that for each color. I then trimmed them to 3x3 inch squares. Then I got each square in half diagonally to get the triangles. You can use any size square that you would like and cut the widths any size. You just want the width to be the same for all and the length the same if you can. The length can always be trimmed after they are all sewn if you have different size lengths. I will get the pattern instructions posted next week. Thank You for your patience!

No comments: